Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Two Days Off

This two days off things seems to be becoming a habit.

I went out for my long run on Sunday with the start of a cold (mostly just a sore throat and a stuffy nose) but it disappeared during the run. By the evening I was really stuffed up and Monday was pretty awful. I did all my usual voodoo (Echinacea, zinc, vitamin C) and still felt like crap. I skipped yoga on Monday. Yesterday I felt a little better, but far from 100%. I have also been worried about that pain in my foot that came on at the end of my long run. It's right around where the heel and the arch meet, pretty deep inside and pretty dull, which is not typical of plantar fasciitis, but it gets my attention nonetheless. I'm actually guessing it has more to do with posterior tibial tendinitis (PTT), which I always have a bit of and therefore worries me less.

I'll go to track tonight. It will be my first run since Sunday. Even though I'm not completely cold free, I  don't want to take any more time off. I'm also kind of hoping to see that I can go out there and not come home with a sore foot. I am going to wear different shoes (Nike Frees, instead of my usual Merrill Barefoots) with the thinking that it's probably best not to replicate the exact same stresses that made it hurt on my long run.

Wish me luck.

----------Follow Up-------------

Man that felt good! The foot is fine and the whole I'm-a-poor-sick-guy-with-a-cold feeling is gone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are totally welcome, man.